Semester 1 in 2017 has started with a massive high, Alec (club president), Michael (station manager) and the team have all been hard at work to provide the best possible facilities, services and experience possible for the Radio side of things. We were kicked out of our old SR building studio late last year and have recently been setting up at 18 George Street.
If you have no idea where that is, it’s just around the corner from the Hawthorn Hotel, next to 24G (that big square TV Production building opened early last year). Our new studio is state of the art, featuring some pretty important and amazing equipment designed to make your show sound crystal clear, professional and broadcasting to an audience of well.. the internet (billions of people!).
Our studio features:
- A massive AIR-4 industry standard radio mixing desk (where you control the volume of things and control who’s microphone you turn on and not)
- Jazler radio automation software. Super simple to use, it basically has a catalogue of over 60,000 songs and sound effects for you to use for your show. It also intelligently plays commercials and ID tags.
- 4 RODE Procaster condensor microphones (these are the massive suspended microphones that you talk into, they make your voice sound amazing).
- 2x CDJ400’s + DJM800 for all those DJ’s out there. Supports CD’s, USB and has a USB interface for Traktor.
- The mighty AUX cord (to plug in to your laptop/iPod/phone/mp3 player), this allows you to play your own music off your own devices.
- Phone/SMS/Social Media to discuss important things with your audience!
Plus much much more. If you want to find out more about 3SSR radio and what facilities we have. Drop us an email and we’ll happily answer your questions!
Radio applications are now OPEN. Get yours in, attend a training session and get on air before applications close!
See you all this semester in-studio or tuned in online.